Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pain in the Neck...

So Emily, Lucy and I were in a car accidnet a week ago today. Nothing major. A girl wasn't paying attention and ran in to the back of our Jeep. Her mom was following her, and she said that she was looking in her rear view mirror to see if she was still behind her. When she looked back ahead, traffic was stopped and it was too late. If I had to guess, I would say she was going about 20-25 mph when she hit us. Neither of us saw it coming. The worst thing that happened at the time was Lucy slammed in to the back of my seat. The Jeep didn't have a scratch, but the girl's hood was mangled.

The weird thing is that we are still feeling the effects. I felt stiffness in my neck almost immediately. It took Em about two days to feel anything. Sunday, she could barely turn her head, and I have had a dull, annoying headache basically non-stop since the wreck. We can't get in to our family doctor until Monday, so I'm not sure what to do. Might be a waste of time by then.

Anywho, I suppose the morals of this story are to put your dog in a seat belt, and drive a Jeep. You may have to replace the radiator from time to time, but it will beat a Civic in a collision any day of the week.

1 comment:

  1. The most important question: How is Lucy feeling?

    I'm kidding! I hope you both feel better soon. I was in a similar accident in college (though we were the car that hit the car in front) and was fine right after, but so sore for about a week later. Whiplash is painful.

    ReplyDelete