Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Circle of Life

Well, I am now officially an uncle. As many of you know, Chad and Nicole had a beautiful baby girl, Phoebe, on Monday night after about 24 hours in the hospital. I was on my way home from dropping my other brother-in-law, Brent, off at the airport when I got the news that it was a girl and everyone was healthy. Obviously, I couldn't have been happier.


While driving home, I couldn't stop thinking about family, the miracle of birth and how huge of a life change a child is for a young couple. I thanked God for this special gift.

So, I'm feeling pretty high off of this good news when I walk in my front door and what do I see? My algae eater, Colonel Suckie Britches, had passed away.

He lay there lifeless on the bottom of the aquarium, and all I could do was stand there in shock. Now I know what they mean when they say that the good Lord giveth, and the good Lord taketh away.

Well, I guess its not a bad trade. I mean, the colonel was a fine fish and he did a great job at keeping my aquarium clean, but I think that Phoebe is probably going to be a little more fun to have around.

Congratulations Chad, Nicole and Phoebe!!!

We'll miss you, Colonel Suckie Britches.

5 comments:

  1. even though i've never met CSB he was like a brother to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of sick, twisted game are you trying to play, Boys? That picture clearly shows a date stamp of January 1, 2004! Does Nicole have a five-year-old kid she has been hiding from us?

    Or is this a scam to protect the real baby from Obama?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought that date was the year the camera was made!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oddly enough Colonel Suckie Britches was my nickname all through high school until I graduated. Graduated to General Suckie Britches, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. phoebe is already smiling!!! and if look as good as nicole after giving birth, i will love my life

    ReplyDelete