Tuesday, June 16, 2009

An action packed couple of weeks

To the thousands (or five) of my faithful readers, I would like to apologize for the lack of posts lately. In the midst of a pretty hectic last couple of weeks of school, Emily and I had the pleasure of hosting a young man from Colombia for about two and a half weeks. When I wasn't studying and writing papers, I was doing my best to entertain him. For those who didn't get to meet him, Gabe is a sixteen year old who recently graduated from high school and is traveling the U.S. (on his own), visiting friends and family. I met Gabe and his mom when I was spending last summer in Colombia, and it was an honor to accommodate him. We did our best to show him all that the 'Nati has to offer, including a sweet Reds/Cubs game with a bunch of friends and family.

On top of all that, Em and I took Gabe to the Red River Gorge with a few other friends. We took him to some of our favorite spots and spent some quality time sitting around the camp fire chatting and playing Catch-Phrase.

A Few days ago, Emily and I joined some of our closest friends (Brad, Leah, Jana, Justin, Liz and Fuller) on a brief trip to Rocky Fork Lake. We had a great time chillin' in the Shaw (Brad Wise's Family) lake house. We played some mind-blowing games of Texas Horseshoes, drank some beers and cruised around the lake on the pontoon boat.

Tomorrow, Em and I are hitting the road once again. We are going to East Brady, Pennsylvania to visit her grandma, then we are heading to Deer Creek and Alpine Valley to hit a few Phish shows. Going to Phish shows has long been one of my favorite things to do, and I can't wait for Em to experience it with me.

I promise some sweet pictures and stories from the shows when we get back next week.

Until then, I will be out of the office. Gone Phishin'. I hope everyone is doing great, and I'll talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment